Access to Amiga CAD files

*** Amiga drawings for the Robotics Challenge Participants ***

For participants to the robotics challenge (farmbot.ai), there is a Shared Drive containing 3D drawings of the Amiga robotic platform.

The folder containing these files is a Shared Google Drive folder that can be accessed by authorized users. To gain access to this folder:

(1) please provide your school email to the farm robotics challenge organizing team (Hanna Bartram or Lucie Cahierre) via Slack, or,

(2) if for any reason you do not have access to Slack, you can also email directly Nathan Dorn at farm-ng (nathan@farm-ng.com) who manages the content of this folder.

Is there a plan for making public 3D model(s) of the Amiga, such as a URDF model for use in ROS visualization and simulation?

Hello @calderpg,

This is planned, but is not yet in progress. We will update on discourse once this is publicly available.

– Kyle

As part of the team involved in the Drake toolkit/simulator, I’d be happy to help put together models for planning and simulation - our hydroelastic collision model would be particularly useful for modelling tire behavior. I can put together some rough collision/visual geometry just from measuring my Amiga, but some official 3D models would be preferable if possible.

Hello @calderpg ,

I apologize for the delay in response. Please ping us at info@farm-ng.com and we will be happy to share the .STL & .STEP files of the forks with you.

Thanks,
Kyle