Estop triggered due to pendant error, unable to drive

Yesterday, while driving Amiga using the pendant, the Amiga kept stopping at intervals of 5 to 10 seconds. The screen shows that the Estop was activated by the pendant. Soon after, I was unable to control the Amiga using the pendant. When I power cycled the Amiga, the pendant started blinking and the dashboard showed pendant error 08. I have a few questions regarding this:

1. Is there a possibility that the pendant signal wire is broken? In this case, do I need to open the pendant and repair the faulty signal wire?
  2. I know that I can control the Amiga using a virtual joystick without the pendant. Can I use the virtual joystick example from the previous version of the Amiga OS in the latest Amiga OS as well?
    20240408_151857_1

Thank you!

hello @Heesup_Yun, thanks for reaching out.

Let’s start with the virtual joystick, so you can get your Amiga somewhere safe to store and debug. To answer your question (#2), yes. you can use the virtual joystick example, but there is an easier way:

• on your dahsboard, go to setup (gear icon) → pendant and click on the lock icon in the bottom. you might need to clear E-stop also.
  • Use the green box as your joystick, and the buttons on the pendant image to control tools you may have. Here’s what the dashboard should look like:

when you have you Amiga where you want, please send us a few details, so I can better assist you:

• What is your dashboard version? You can find it on Setup → ID.
  • Can you send pictures of both ends of you pendant cable? I want to know which version you have.
  • Did you notice if the joystick on your pendant is loose? Maybe somewhat different then it was before?

look forward to hear from you!

Hello,

• What is your dashboard version? You can find it on Setup → ID
    The Dashboard firmware version was v0.1.9. I tried to update the version to the most recent version available, which is v0.5.0. I processed all the steps and it stopped “Finished Updating \n Rebooting to Dashboard App”. I waited for about 10 mins, and nothing had changed, so I powercycled the Amiga. Then, the dashboard screen was not turning on now.
    I manually updated the pendant using service cable and now it shows the screen.

• Can you send pictures of both ends of you pendant cable? I want to know which version you have.

• Did you notice if the joystick on your pendant is loose? Maybe somewhat different then it was before?
    No it’s quite the same feeling as before. I think we’ve used our pendant less then 100 hours.

Thank you for your info!

Good to hear that the update worked. Let us know what you think about the new features!

Now, about the pendant, I believe you have a hardware problem, so I will follow up via email to gather details. Thanks for contacting us!